Watch Dogs Legion and the story of how radically influenced the choice of a specialist – the first impressions

Capabilities. Capabilities. Once again possibilities. Ubisft managed to impress me with how many ways I can go through every Watch Dogs Legion mission. Not only thanks to several routes to the goal, but also various professions that have a radical impact on the game. Sounds like a marketinf slogan, but this time it’s really something more.
Let me describe the impact of the player’s profession on the game on the example of my own game. The task I was given was to save a man detained in the London construction zone. The workers were also guards. When something was wrong, they cried unpleasant men in suits equipped with machine guns. I found this painfully painfully, stealing inside as a blasé teenage hacker.
The second time I chose another member of my organization: a builder.
With a yellow helmet and reflective vest, I entered the construction site without arousing any suspicion. I walked past the employees freely, approaching the barrack with a stopped target. As long as I behaved naturally, I didn’t pay attention or arouse suspicion. If a worker walked directly towards me, I hacked his cell phone, activating the bell and shifting his attention to the smartphone.
In this way I reached my destination without a single shot. I freed the man, and then organized an evacuation with the help of … a drone builder. The Watch Dogs Legion action takes place in the very near future, where this kind of puppets are something common. Together with the hostage, I flew towards the setting sun, carrying out the task without raising the alarm. Mission accomplished.
The title Legion is the crux of the new Watch Dogs. There are many of us.
This time the player does not play any particular hacker. We are an organization. We are a structure. We are DedSec. We recruit new members who want to fight the corporate anti-democratic regime on the Isles. Worker at the construction site, spy, doctor, policeman, graffiti artist – there is a lot of profession, and each of them directly affects the gameplay and possibilities. Sometimes in a radical, crazy way.
Let’s take such a spy. Theoretically, playing as a chap under the bow tie is about not getting detected. A unique toy of such a gentleman, however, is a sports fighting car, alive drawn from the old films about Agent 007. The vehicle hides powerful tools of destruction with which we decimate the bodyguards of a corporate skyscraper. We eliminate most of the opponents without even getting out of the circle. Infiltration of an almost empty building then becomes trivial.
Our legionaries are equipped with unique weapons, use unique skills and influence the environment in a different way. The doctor can move freely around medical facilities, the picketman blends into the crowd, and the police officer easily controls this crowd. Choosing the right DedSec member for the right mission is an important part of Watch Dogs Legion. On the other hand, if we have a favorite with whom we do not want to part, the game does not force us to do so. Either way, we’ll do the job. At most, we will leave behind a chain of dead or unconscious opponents.
London is a separate hero. I found myself visiting the city like a tourist.
I walked along the sidewalks I walked on a few months ago in real life. I drank beer standing up, I was under the British Parliament, drove over the London Eye and set the car on fire during the protest. A typical set of attractions for anyone visiting London. The city is bending over with places, details and details. It is perfectly implemented. Already San Francisco from Watch Dogs 2 was extremely impressive. London has a chance to break this high bar. The French constantly have a champion in this category.
At the end of my game I caught the attention of Ubisoft representatives. Those with amusement watched me behave like an exemplary resident. I walk only on the sidewalks. I stand in queues. I pass only on green light. I rest on a park bench. I drive according to the rules. I park only in designated areas. Sure, these are stupid details, but thanks to them I felt that a virtual copy of the metropolis made sense. He has arms and legs. It really works, not just a cluster of streets and skyscrapers.
I wish Watch Dogs Legion came out of the long shadow of the first installment.
I think we all agree that the first Watch Dogs was below expectations. Correct, sometimes interesting, but we expected something more. Ubisoft has raised expectations too much, not delivering a product of proportionate quality. For this reason, very good Watch Dogs 2 did not have an easy start. It is a pity, because the two of them really did Ubisoft. I hope that the good reputation of the sequel will allow us to approach Watch Dogs Legion without the stigma of Aiden Pearce.
Watch Dogs Legion is more interesting and fuller than I thought. I am still not sure if the lack of one protagonist with whom we can bond emotionally is a good way out. I don’t expect a qualitative revolution either. I just dream about a very good game at the level of the previous installment. After a few hours, there are many indications that I will get what I want, even with a slight vengeance.
Watch Dogs Legion and the story of how radically influenced the choice of a specialist – the first impressions
from WordPress https://ift.tt/2AYB0FQ
Comments
Post a Comment