Four months with Switch showed me that I still have time to play

The pile of shame is growing, new games are increasing, and the backlog is already several years back. If you are an adult player, you probably know this state. When I thought it just had to be this way, I bought a Switch, which turned out to be a bull’s-eye.
I have always considered myself a player, although I’ve never played too much. I don’t know if I’ve ever gone through more than 5 games a year, but for several years this number has been closing in up to two productions.
I consider myself a demanding player. If I have to spend 20, 30, or even 50 hours of life with a title, I have to be sure that it will be a good time, so I have always preferred to go through less better games than more average ones.
Over the years, there was much less time to play, although interest in games did not diminish at all. I see many real gems that I would like to delve into, but I know that it will be difficult for me to find time for them.
Last year I just went through two games, fortunately both outstanding: Marvel’s Spider-Man and God of War. In both I managed to get a platinum trophy, although I paid it with many sleepless nights.
All the time I thought I just didn’t have time to play.
Games are not the most important topic of the world, there is no doubt about that. Many people in a similar period of life just grow out of playing without regret. However, there is a large group of my peers – people in their mid-thirties – who still have an internal nerd telling them to break their feet over the console.
This is the case in my case, because for about two years I can only play at night. My daughter is not in kindergarten yet, and since we are raising her away from technology, the television is off during the day. The moment of playing appears only in the evening, but more often I prefer to spend my free time with my wife. That’s why I only played God of War at night when my wife was asleep.
And then Nintendo Switch appeared.
I have had the Nintendo Switch console for four months . During this time, the inconspicuous console showed me that I had a completely wrong idea of my free time. I thought about myself that "I don’t have time to play," but that’s not true. It turned out that "I don’t have time to play on TV", which is a fundamental difference.
During the whole of last year I spent less than 80 hours at PlayStation 4 and it was paid for with fatigue and lack of sleep. In turn, for four months of using the Switch on the meter I already have over 200 hours, and the entertainment did not take anything from me: neither time to sleep nor time to responsibilities.
The portable nature of the console means that you do not need a TV to play, and in my case it changes everything. It turned out that in the weekly schedule I have a lot of undeveloped gaps, and some of them without sacrifices I can devote to playing. A great feeling!
This way I went through the very pleasant The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, very good The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and I spent too much time at Animal Crossing: New Horizons. For a few hours I was hooked by mobile Diablo III, to which I will definitely return, and for this I liked my wife Overcooked 2, which we play together.
And although on Switch I will not play the vast majority of games from my pile of shame , there are plenty of outstanding titles here, and new ones are constantly appearing.
The Witcher 3 showed me the power of Switch.
The Witcher 3 is one of those games that I’ve never taken seriously. I bought the PC version, but it turned out that it is difficult for me to save such a long time to play. Later I was tempted to buy the PS4 version and (surprise!) The story repeated itself. If I was undergoing God of War for 50 hours at such a high cost, how much would it cost me 150 hours. in the Witcher world?
Meanwhile, in recent months, Switch has shown me that I don’t have to worry about titles taking 100 or 150 hours. Since I have over 100 hours of Breath of the Wild without sacrifices, there will be no problem with saving time for Geralt. And that’s how I bought The Witcher 3 for the third time (CD Projekt likes it).
The graphics look definitely worse than on PlayStation 4 (not to mention PC), but I think it’s better to go through a great game in a worse setting than not to pass it at all. The more that since always gameplay I put above graphic fireworks.
Switch is the best console for adults.
If you also think that you don’t have time to play, I recommend looking around for Switch. This is unbelievable equipment. I have always seen him as a console for the youngest, but in the meantime the reality turned out to be exactly the opposite. Switch is a lockpick to find a moment for yourself and your nerdy passion in full adult life.
Four months with Switch showed me that I still have time to play
from WordPress https://ift.tt/2OqQiX5
Comments
Post a Comment